Our success comes from our Velico Team who are global thinking (to save many lives worldwide), visionary (as we are future focused industry leaders, collaborative (we deliver the best results through inclusion and diversity), professional (as are our highly qualified team of experts) and honorable (we work ethically and look to do the right thing). We seek like-minded individuals to join us. Velico’s mission is to eliminate preventable death from bleeding. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a true innovation in transfusion medicine and trauma care, that could result in saving thousands of lives each year.
Based in Beverly, MA we are seeking a highly-motivated person who wants to support an organization who is involved in groundbreaking technology with the skills, education & experience needed. We are seeking an individual who will s the development of the FrontlineODP™ System, a Class III medical device for manufacturing a spray dried plasma product. The Technician’s primary responsibilities will be to conduct test methods by following SOPs and Test Protocols; and performing data entry to support the execution of Qualification and Design Verification studies. This role will work as a cross-functional resource with Product Development, Quality and Engineering.
- General maintenance and upkeep of the laboratories.
- Assists in receiving materials following a Quality Inspection Plan.
- Assists in the shipping and receiving of samples, including its’ preparation for shipment and storage.
- Executes mechanical integrity and stability testing of consumables.
- Manufactures spray dried plasma for Qualification and Design Verification studies and completes test batch records.
- Performs data entry of test results into Excel and confirms accuracy of data transcription.
- All other duties, as assigned.
We are seeking individuals with:
- High school diploma, GED, Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years’+ medical device experience in testing or R&D
- Proficiency with MS Office Suites (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Prior experience working with compressed air systems required.
Interested candidates are to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill to effectively interact with cross functional team members.
- Required to use a variety of instruments and tools for testing and troubleshooting (e.g. Tensile tester, calipers, mechanical test fixtures).
- Ensures work is completed in the expected timelines and is adept at resolving competing priorities.
- Works effectively in a small company environment.
- Task-oriented with strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and fosters strong working relationships and is adept at interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Self-motivated to work efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with a high degree of multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks meeting expected deadlines.
- Promotes and fosters a positive behavior and work environment.
- Problem-solving skills including identifying, recommending and implementation of solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, be results-oriented and exercises appropriate judgment.
- A high level of integrity and dependability.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple projects to drive results.
- Process and improvement focused skills to implement new procedures to accommodate growth and adaptable to change priorities, as needed.
- A strong work ethic; comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment.
Work is usually performed in a sitting position and may require standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying during the course of the work shift.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are to send their resume, cover letter and salary requirements.